- Andrew Weinert, Scot Campbell, Adan Vela, Dieter Schuldt, and Joel Kurucar. "Well-Clear Recommendation for Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Based on Unmitigated Collision Risk", Journal of Air Transportation, Vol. 26, No. 3 (2018), pp. 113-122. [AIAA ARC]
- A. Lee, M. Dahan, A. Weinert, and S. Amin, "Leveraging sUAS for Infrastructure Network Exploration and Failure Isolation," Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, pp. 1-29, April 2018. [Springer Link]
- C. W. Heisey, A. G. Hendrickson, B. J. Chludzinski, R. E. Cole, M. Ford, L. Herbek, M. Ljungberg, Z. Magdum, D. Marquis, A. Mezhirov, J. L. Pennell, T. A. Roe, and A. J. Weinert, “A Reference Software Architecture to Support Unmanned Aircraft Integration in the National Airspace System,” Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, vol. 69, no. 1–4, pp. 41–55, Aug. 2012. [Springer Link]
A. Weinert, “Commercial and Civil Implementation of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles within the United States,” AIAA Student Journal, vol. 46, 2008.
Conference Papers and PRESENTATIONS
- W. Smith, G. Kuperman, M. Chan, E. Morgan, H. Nguyen, N. Schear, B. Vu, and A. Weinert, "Cloud computing in tactical environments," MILCOM 2017 - 2017 IEEE Military Communications Conference (MILCOM), Baltimore, MD, USA, 2017, pp. 882-887. doi: 10.1109/MILCOM.2017.8170823 [IEEE Explore]
- A. Weinert, M. Dahan, and S. Amin, "Optimizing the Strategic Allocation of Small Unmanned Aerial Systems for Distributed Sensing," in2017 IEEE Conference on Technologies for Homeland Security (HST), 2017.
- A. Weinert, H. Hu, C. Spensky and B. Bullough, "Using open-source hardware to support disadvantaged communications," 2015 IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC), Seattle, WA, 2015, pp. 79-86. doi: 10.1109/GHTC.2015.7343958
[IEEE Xplore] [Engineering Village]
- A. Weinert, "A signals processing and big data framework for Monte Carlo aircraft encounters," 2015 IEEE High Performance Extreme Computing Conference (HPEC), Waltham, MA, 2015, pp. 1-6. doi: 10.1109/HPEC.2015.7322486
[IEEE Xplore] [Engineering Village] [Poster]
- A. Weinert, P. Erickson, H. Reis, P. Breimyer, T. Hackett, M. Samperi, J. Huff, C. Parra, E. Stoekl, P. Zundritsch, R. Morris, I. Iakimenko, E. Petschauer, and S. Bilen, "Enabling communications in disadvantage environments: An airborne remote communication (ARC) platform," 2013 IEEE International Conference on Technologies for Homeland Security (HST), Waltham, MA, 2013, pp. 797-803.
doi: 10.1109/THS.2013.6699069 [IEEE Xplore] [Slides]
- P. Erickson, A. Weinert, P. Breimyer, M. Samperi, J. Huff, C. Parra, and S. Miller, "Designing public safety mobile applications for disconnected, interrupted, and low bandwidth communication environments," 2013 IEEE International Conference on Technologies for Homeland Security (HST), Waltham, MA, 2013, pp. 790-796. doi: 10.1109/THS.2013.6699028 [IEEE Xplore]
- A. J. Weinert, E. Harkleroad, J. Griffith, M. W. Edwards, and C. C. Chen, “Extended Airspace Encounter Models for Unmanned Aircraft Sense and Avoid Safety Evaluation,” presented at the AIAA Infotech@Aerospace (I@A) Conference, Boston, MA, 2013. [AIAA ARC]
- A. J. Weinert, P. Breimyer, S. M. Devore, J. M. Miller, G. S. Brulo, R. S. Teal, D. Zhang, A. T. Kummer, and S. G. Bilen, "Providing communication capabilities during disaster response: Airborne remote communication (ARC) platform," 2012 IEEE Conference on Technologies for Homeland Security (HST), Waltham, MA, 2012, pp. 395-400. doi: 10.1109/THS.2012.6459881
[IEEE Xplore] [Slides]
- E. Maki, A. Weinert, and M. Kochenderfer, “Efficiently Estimating Ambient Near Mid-Air Collision Risk for Unmanned Aircraft*,” in 10th AIAA Aviation Technology, Integration, and Operations (ATIO) Conference, 2010. [AIAA ARC]
- Underhill, N., Harkleroad, E., Guendel, R., Maki, D., & Edwards, M. (2018). Correlated Encounter Model for Cooperative Aircraft in the National Airspace System; Version 2.0. Massachusetts Institute Technology Lincoln Laboratory, Lexington, MA, Project Report ATC-440, May 2018. [DTIC Link]
- A. Weinert, S. Campbell, A. Vela, D. Schuldt, and J. Kurucar, "A Well Clear Recommendation for Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems based on Unmitigated Collision Risk," MIT Lincoln Laboratory, April 2017.
- J. Garofolo, J. Contestabile, J. Powell, J. Corso, G. Friedland, P. Tu, S. Pankanti, L. Brush, E. Frost, D. Zoufal, B. Luke, S. Surfaro, A. Hoogs, J. Audia, S. Garfinkel, R. Schwartz, and A. Weinert, "First Workshop on Video Analytics in Public Safety," NISTIR 8164, Jan. 2017 [Link]
- K. C. Chang, M. . Kozar, C. E. Rose, A. J. Weinert, P. W. Breimyer, R. Di Ciaccio, T. . Roe, C. S. Timmerman, and S. M.A, “A Review of Satellite Communications and Complementary Approaches to Support Distributed Disaster Relief,” DHS First Responders Group, Technical Report, Dec. 2013. [Link]
- J.D. Griffith, M.P Owen, and A.J. Weinert, "An Approach to Develop Surveillance Accuracy Requirements for Sense and Avoid," MIT Lincoln Laboratory, Lexington, MA, Project Report ATC-407, Dec. 2013. [NTIS] [Engineering Village]
- A. J. Weinert, E. P. Harkleroad, J. D. Griffith, M. W. Edwards, and M. J. Kochenderfer, “Uncorrelated Encounter Model of the National Airspace System Version 2.0,” MIT Lincoln Laboratory, Lexington, MA, Project Report ATC-404, Aug. 2013. [DTIC Link]
- J. D. Griffith, M. W. Edwards, R. M. Miraflor, and A. J. Weinert, “Due Regard Encounter Model Version 1.0,” MIT Lincoln Laboratory, Lexington, MA, Project Report ATC-397, Aug. 2013. [Link] [Engineering Village]
Panels and breakouts
- "UAS Research & Development: What Does the Research Tell Us Thus Far?", UTM Convention 2016, Syracuse, NY , 10-11-16. [Slides]
- Breakout Leader, Organizing Committee at "First Workshop on Video Analytics in Public Safety (VAPS) , San Diego, CA, 06-06-2016. [Website]
- A. Weinert and P. Breimyer, "Updates on UAV Technology & Sensors," presented at the UAViators Expert Meeting, Cambridge, MA, 09-10-2015. [Recap]
- A. Weinert, "Integrating Response and Preparedness," presented at the 2015 PSCR Stakeholder Conference, Public Safety Analytics Panel, San Diego, 06-04-2015. [Slides]
- A. Weinert, "Big Data in Public Safety," presented at the 2014 National Emergency Number Association (NENA) Conference and Expo, 06-18-2014. [Schedule]
- A. Weinert, A. Norige, E. Schlicht, A. Wang, N. Crabtree, and T. Dasey, “Gaming in Support of National Security,” presented at PAX East 2013, Boston, MA, 04-Apr-2013.
SeminarS, Courses, Posters
- "Photovoltaic (PV) Fiber: Developing Energy and Shelter Dual-Use Applications," Defense Fabric Discovery Center Grand Opening, Lexington, MA, October 2017.
- "UAS Allocation for Critical Infrastructure Assessment–Beaverworks," MIT Lincoln Laboratory Homeland Protection Workshop Series, Lexington, MA, June 2017.
- "Representative Public Safety Video Dataset," PSCR Public Safety Broadband Stakeholder Meeting, San Antonio, TX, June 2017.
- A. Weinert, "Small UAS Well Clear," MIT Lincoln Laboratory Air Traffic Control Workshop, Washington, DC, December 2016. [Slides] [Agenda]
- A. Weinert "Strategic Allocation of Drones: Constraining from Airspace to Mission Needs ," TechCon 2016, Cambridge, MA November 2016. [Poster]
- A. Weinert, "Communication Assistance Technology over Ad Hoc Networks (CATAN)," MIT Lincoln Laboratory Homeland Protection Workshop Series, Lexington, MA, June 2016. [Poster]
- "CATAN-NICS: Enabling Information Sharing for Responders and Survivors in Disasters," MCIP Pacific Endeavor 2015 Pacific Senior Communicators Meeting, Manilla, Philippines, September 2015. [Poster]
- R. Weibel and A. Weinert, "Evolving Role of UAS in Humanitarian Assistance Disaster Relief (HADR) Operations," UAS West Symposium, San Diego, CA, August 2015. [Slides]
- A. Weinert, "Communications in Disadvantaged Environments," MIT Lincoln Laboratory Homeland Protection Course, Lexington, MA, May 2015. [Slides]
- A. Weinert "Communications in Disadvantaged Environment," MIT Lincoln Laboratory Homeland Protection Course, Lexington, MA, May 2014.
WORKING GROUPS SUPPORT
- "Broadband Deployable Systems in the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network," National Public Safety Telecommunications Council and the Defence Research and Development Canada’s Centre for Security Science, April 2017 [Link]
- "Guidelines for Creating an Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Program," National Public Safety Telecommunications Council, April 2017 [Link]
- "Public Safety Analytics R&D Roadmap," NIST Technical Note 1917, April 2016, DOI:10.6028/NIST.TN.1917 [Link]
- "2015 Location-Based Services R&D Summit," NIST Technical Note 1914, April 2016, DOI:10.6028/NIST.TN.1914 [Link]
- "Location-Based Services R&D Roadmap," NIST Technical Note 1883, May 2015, DOI:10.6028/NIST.TN.1883. [Link]